Kids from all around Australia are now able to take part in what is undoubtedly the most exhilarating junior participation program ever designed for our sport.
10 Surf Safety Rules:
1. Never Swim or Surf Alone
2. Be Sunsmart
3. Know your Local Breaks and Beaches
4. Be aware of Changing Tides
5. Stay Between the Flags when Swimming
6. Listen to Advice from Surf Coaches & Lifeguards
7. Learn to Recognise Rips & Currents
8. Always use Safe Equipment
9. Consider other Surf Users
10. If in Doubt, Stay Out!
VEGEMITE SurfGroms Fast Facts
- VEGEMITE SurfGroms is a national junior development program for 5-12yr olds that encourages kids to get involved in surfing all around Australia
- VEGEMITE SurfGroms is available exclusively through licensed Surfing Australia Surf Schools
- VEGEMITE SurfGroms consists of a series of surf lessons, encompassing 8-12 hours of coaching in total
- VEGEMITE SurfGroms incorporates the following 2 age categories: MiniGroms (5-8yr olds) & SuperGroms (9-12yr olds)
- Every participant receives a free Quiksilver backpack containing the following Quiksilver products: Rash-vest; Sun-hat; and Water-bottle. The pack also contains x2 Wahu beach toys, a tube of Vegemite, and a VEGEMITE SurfGroms logbook
- Every VEGEMITE SurfGrom can also receive additional Wahu rewards and incentives throughout the program
- Every VEGEMITE SurfGrom will receive a logbook; a certificate; and a graded wristband that reflects their level of achievement throughout the program!
- The VEGEMITE SurfGroms website hosts a powerful and secure social networking platform that allows registered VEGEMITE SurfGroms to communicate with one another; upload photos and videos; and stay in touch with all of their surfing mates
- VEGEMITE SurfGroms is the first cutting-edge national junior participation program, never before done anywhere in the world!